The past couple of weeks I have attended, what I expect are two of Scotland’s largest, wedding fayres. We have almost everything we need for our wedding now and so I have been wandering around at a more leisurely pace, being able to spend time over the finer details – stationery, flowers, accessories and generally just have a good old nosey!
My mum however, still doesn’t and hasn’t really begun looking for an outfit. Now, I should explain that my mum is a terrible shopper, she will try on everything she thinks should look good, be impressed by nothing and then go back round all the same shops trying on anything and everything – generally finding something in the first shop. From seeing the mother of the brides outfits on display at the wedding fayres, I am confident that finding that perfect outfit is going to be tough.
I’ve mentioned before all of the high street shops offering great wedding ranges for the bride and her bridesmaids – but the same applies for mother of the bride/groom. Below are a few of my favourites – Mum if you are reading – one of these may be the one!
- John Lewis – with a great range of brands and a personal shopper on hand, this store is ideal for indecisive shoppers. These dresses are ideal;
- Planet – can be found in both John Lewis and Debenahms, but to see their full range or sign up for special discount offers please visit the company’s website. Colour blocking is massive for 2011, so for all you trendy mums out there, how about this;
- Like Planet, Jacques Vert can also be found in major high street department stores. Aimed at a slightly more mature audience, Jaques Vert have some lovely flattering dresses to suit all shapes and sizes.
As always, hope you stumble across something useful!
Happy Sunday x
It feels like winter should be over already – wth the constant grey skies and rain we seem to be having at the moment, I thought I would inject some colour into your wedding isnpiration this week – peaches and cream (delicious and bright and colourful!).
Here are a few of my favourite finds from this week;
- Mix and match your bridesmaid dresses – these two dresses from Monsoon are fab for your best maids;
- Ensure your theme is carried on through all the little details of your day, favours, decorations, your hair accessories – little splashes of colour go a long way in tying the theme all together;
- These shoes are becoming increasingly popular amongst brides to be and their bridesmaids – and who can blame them, they are lovely!
- There are loads of flowers available to go with this theme – some of the bouquets I came across were stunning, like the one below;
- And lets not forget about the cake;
Hope you stumble across something useful – enjoy what’s left of the weekend!
Another request this week from a bride whose theme is Burgundy. Obviously there are other colours that you can mix and match this with – but for me, if the bride is wearing ivory and your bridesmaids are wearing burgundy, then why not keep things simple and just incorporate those two in all the little details!
Here are a few of my favourite finds that I have stumbled across this week;
- Coast offers a great range of affordable bridesmaid dresses – at £95 this burgundy dress is perfect for your best maids;
- For both the bride or the bridesmaid, inject a little colour into your accessories, I love this bag and show combo;
- Depending on the season, or style of your dress – how about an ivory capelet. Perfect if its a bit chilly and you are going to have bare shoulders!
- These paper lanterns are fantastic! A bit different than usual wedding decorations – and the can be personalised with the couples initials and date of the wedding. Lovely.
- Cupcakes. Gotta love them, and his cupcake tower ticks all the boxes;
- And finally, before your guests leave for the evening – make sure they sign your guest book. I love the raw silk texture of this one;
Some lovely bits and pieces amongst that lot! Hope you have stumbled across something useful.
If you would like help with your theme or need some wedding inspiration then please drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Another week gone by already – time seems to be flying by at the moment. This week, I was asked to have a look for some pink wedding inspiration. Any excuse to browse through wedding stuff!
Below are some of the fabulous wedding related things I came across – all incorporating pink of course;
- Let’s start with your bridesmaids, most bridesmaid dresses are usually in the bride’s chosen colour scheme for the day and this bright pink strapless dress for Coast fits the bill perfectly
- And for your bridesmaids shoes, Schuh have the perfect pair of pink court shoes, with a low heel (ideal for all that dancing and running after the bride that will be required).
- Instead of a traditional wedding cake, how about filling this 7 tier cupcake stand
- Add little pink touches by incorporating some special touches. A little ring holder (or pillow if you are having a page boy) or some unusual table decorations
- Simple and stylish, clean and elegant, these invitations and place settings are perfect for incorporating your colour – and whats more, Sophie will even work with you to make sure everything matches perfectly
- As the bride, obviously your wedding dress is going to make you stand out from the crowd – but how about adding something a little extra to make a statement – I am a big fan of brooch bouquets and this wrist bridal corsage, well, wow!
As always, I hope you found something useful!
Enjoy what is left of the weekend.
After a hectic day (took dad to hospital this morning and turns out he has 2 broken ribs), I am so pleased to get a chance to show you all the fabulous wedding related items I have stumbled across this week!
It all started when I came across this teal dress on Monsoon, I thought it was just perfect for a bridesmaid (and also contemplated changing colour schemes). Rich and luxurious, I think this would suit bridemaids young or old, pale or tanned…I love it;
So then I got to thinking, what other details could you add in? Nowadays most peacock feathers seem to go hand in hand with a teal themed wedding – but there are other choices! Here are a few;
- It’s traditional to give the bridesmaid a gift – how about this cute little clutch bag (and she can even carry your lipstick around for you too!)
- Flowers are always a good option. These wooden flowers are perfect. Tie a little tag around them and you have some very nice place settings come favours!
- Garters – alright, so not everyone’s choice (me included as I think my legs are too fat!), but for those so inclined, there are some pretty ones available!
- Personally, I love little quirky cake toppers – and this knitted owl pair are simply lovely!
- The groom and his best men, father of the bride and father of the groom – get them all matching your colour scheme with a simple tie in your chosen colours, easy peasy!
- And ofcourse we have the invitations! Set the teal tone with these fabulous creations;
That’s all for now folks – hope you have stumbled across something useful for your big day.
Enjoy what’s left of the weekend x
Calling all brides to be (or grooms ofcourse!)
Got a colour scheme you need help with, not sure how to incorporate your colour into your big day? Drop me an email at email@example.com and I will do my best to help you!