That time of the week already eh? Not sure about yourselves, but for me the weeks seem to be flying past right now – how can October be almost over already!?!
After two wedding weekends (I went to both the big Glasgow weddings fairs, SECC and Braehead), this weekend has been our weekend off.
It’s so easy to get into the habit of talking about the wedding, the wedding details, bridesmaid dresses, wedding guest lists – you get the idea – but it’s so easy to talk about them ALL the time.
That doesn’t mean I haven’t been looking for ideas ofcourse. So here are some of the wedding related treasures I came across this week;
- Flowers. Since my declaration on not being “that” bothered about them. I seem to have taken I complete U-turn. They really can change how a room looks, and for that reason – I have been looking for inspirational flower ideas a bit more. The Flower Co. have some lovely photos of their work on their blog – well worth a visit!
- RocknRollbride never fails to impress with her posts – well worth a read is yesterday’s post on How much you should expect to spend on your wedding photography.
- A keen comic book fan, my H2B was very excited when he came across this spiderman wedding cake topper by Peanutbutterbandit on Etsy. I’m not convinced, what do you think of it?
- Do you think about wedding stationery as often as I do – which would be daily? It seems to be a bit of an obssession for me, but I really think it sets the tone (albeit slightly early) for your wedding day. Emily&Jo have some really intricate designs and some perfect save the dates.
- Photobooths seem to be a popular feature at weddings, I saw LookLook one of the weddings fairs – and think it is a fab idea (although slightly outwith our budget!). If you are having a photobooth, make a dressing up box too – they make for some excellent images. This moustache collection by WhiskerWorks would be top of my list;
- Seen as Christmas seems to be fast approaching, for all those getting married round about then, why not give Christmas Baubles as wedding favours? John Lewis always have some great decorations in – these baubles would be so simple to recreate though! Anyone for some painting?
That’s all for now folks – the banana bread I made last night is calling my name!
Hope you stumble on something useful.
Have a good Sunday.