As you already know from previous posts, I car share to work with a boy. A boy who also gets married next year and talks about weddings (well, mainly wedding budgets) way more than I do.
One fine morning on the way to sunny Livingston, he happened to mention that he needed to get chair covers for his wedding venue. Hence, I pose the question – are chair covers really necessary for a wedding?
I know we won’t be getting them for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I think our venue is simply stunning and I don’t think we need to do much in the way of “dressing the venue”. The hall is quite intricate and has high ceilings, a fabulous balcony and pillars already decorated in fairy lights. Secondly, I can’t think of a wedding where I have noticed the wedding covers and therefore believe it is money that we don’t need to spend from our already squashed budget.
That said, I suppose I don’t think that chair covers are strictly necessary – however I guess it does depend a lot on where you are having your wedding reception and what the chairs in that reception look like – or will look like come your special day.
There are many companies that specialise in venue dressing and it is well worth comparing prices and quality of the chair covers. If you are going down this route then there are loads of choices available;
- Sashes/Ribbons can be changed to match in with your chosen colour theme
- Flowers can be added for an additional finishing touch – gerberas look particularly pretty and sit well!
- Instead of a full chair cover, why not have a simple finish with a ribbon and some lavendar or a thistle (perfect for country or garden weddings)
- Tie your place names in the ribbon for that additional detail
- Go all out and get chair covers that are a bit more unusual
I’m sure there are loads more ideas – so feel free to share. I guess all that is left to ask is, will you be having chair covers on your wedding day?