For our wedding, we are on a budget.
We probably could cut back and save some more, but I speak for both of us when I say, it’s not what we want. The day in itself is exactly that, a day – hopefully we will only do it the once, but it’s not the big day we are in it for, it’s the marriage. Of course we both want it to have all the trimmings and be the most perfect day it can be, but within reason.
With this in mind, one area we will be pulling back on is wedding favours. I can’t remember a time when I have thought “wow” over a wedding favour and given that they can cost a few quid each, it’s a great way to save a few pennies. Luckily for us, my friend is baking some tablet for the big day (yay for Emma!).
But what other cheap options are there for wedding favours?
- Any baked good are an easy option, biscuits, cake pops, homemade chocolates and so on
- Lottery tickets or scratch cards
- Play wedding favour bingo and have a selection of prizes
- Only giving to the females (traditional too!) can quite easily cut the favour budget in half
- Charity pin badgets (feel good factor guaranteed!)
- Flower seeds (easy to package up and keep in line with your wedding colours)
What other suggestions have you got?