I’ve posed this question to a few brides to be – and those that I speak to don’t appear to be planning anything out of the ordinary. However I ‘ve heard of a fair few couples organising entertainment for their wedding day – and I am not talking about the hiring of a wedding band or dj!
Call me old fashioned (why thank you!), but I thought the bride and groom were the entertainment for the day? I assumed, perhaps naively, that everyone was there to see us getting married, have a nice dinner, some drinks and set about dancing the night away.
So what other options are there? Apparently quite a few!
- Magicians – and not just any magicians, but close up tricks that are guatenteed to dazzle;
- Caricaturists – a piece of art, a cartoonist or illustrator who will draw your guests;
- Singing Waiters – who blend into the background, and randomly begin singing
- Elvis/Sinatra Impersonators, no explanation required I assume
- Bouncy castles, for adults;
- Casino tables
I’m not too sure about all of this – is it normal nowadays to provide additional entertainment? What do you think?