As I mentioned before, on the day of the wedding fair we collected loads and loads of brochures and flyers from the various stands. It really is amazing how much information is available to brides (and grooms ofcourse!) who attend the fairs.
Lots of the wedding suppliers offer discounts if you are willing to book their services there and then and some are even kind enough to extend the offer slightly if you want to go home and discuss it!
We didn’t really go with the intention of booking anything and instead went around looking at EVERYTHING.
There were too many to go through everyone, so below are a few of my favourites from the day;
- The Tea Ladies – vintage crockery hire is all the rage at the moment. These girls have some lovely pieces for hire and seem pretty reasonably priced too!
- Children at weddings can be a tough decision to make. If you are having lots of children – then how about a nanny/mobile creche service such as Shenannygans. They will take some of the pressure off entertaining the child and provide some fun activities for them to take part in.
- With loads of kilt options to chose from, it can be a pretty tough decision. Panache, based in Glasgow offer kilt hire from £55. Seems very well priced?
- Already living together and not sure whether you need a gift list? Starweds offer a hassle free, personalised website enabling you to ask your guests to contribute money for things you really want!
- Not sure about traditional stationery? Then try Love and Lilly for bright wedding stationery for the modern bride. Bold colours aplenty.
- Photo booths are a great talking point not to mention a lot of fun. Looklook booths had a great stand at the SECC wedding show – check out their site for special offers!
- The cakes were stunning and tasted delicious. For me, Truly Scrumptious were fantastic. Impressive cakes that definately have the wow factor.
- Favourini – Hand crafted favours and centerpieces made with almonds or chocolate dragee. Bit unusual and I love that they come in any colour so easy to match in with your theme. Favourini.com
- Floral Haven, based in Glasgow. The website doesn’t do them justice. Without a doubt, this girl had THE best floral displays I seen. Bouquets were suspend into logs/branches. Colourful, lots of wood and rich patterns. Lovely
And so that concludes my SECC wedding show experience.
Roll on next year so that I can go to another!