Having been to both the Royal Concert Hall and the SECC Wedding Shows in the past couple of weeks – I thought it would be worthwhile giving a little rundown of them.
Let’s start with the Royal Concert Hall;
Not quite as big as the SECC, but the location is great. Right next to the bus station and Buchanan Galleries making it ideal for a girls day out.
The main hall is fine and offers suppliers the usual set up – but upstairs is a bit of a nightmare. Wedding fairs are notoriously busy, lots of brides to be, their mums and bridesmaids and even some grooms all trying to see everything on display and squeeze in for their bit of free cake (well, who can resist?!) so the narrow corriders make it more than a bit awkward.
Then we have the catwalk show. As funny as the male model tried to be, the whole show seemed to a bit unprofessional. I’m sure their were a few brides oohing and aahing over the dresses, but personally, I found that seeing the ill fitting dresses and in some cases, dresses which hadn’t even been zipped up on the models didn’t make me want to see more.
Those negatives aside, there were a few hidden gems in amongst all the suppliers that stood out for me;
- If you fancy having a candy buffet with a difference, then Sweet Celebrations offer exactly that – a personalised candy cart that will definately give your sweetie buffet the wow factor;
- Dream Flowers by Elaine, this local florist stood out for me. Her stand was simple and the flower displays were fabulous
- Paying for flowers for one day may seem extravagant, so why not make them last a little longer by preserving your bouquet? Bonnyton designs offer bouquet preservation from £45
- Pictures last a lifetime, and I am sure every bride (and groom ofcourse!) wants the perfect photos of their big day. Worth a look are, Rich Pictures and Karl Double Photography.
- I’ve mentioned the free cake and not only did the Sweetest Thing’s cake taste amazing – but there were some extremely creative designs too;
All in all, a great day out – just be prepared to push your way through – and if you are looking for your ideal dress, then maybe give the catwalk show a miss and head on down to the bridalwear suppliers whilst everyone else is in the show!