With so many different companies offering handmade stationery, it can be a difficult task wading through to find the right one – and once you do, how long should you give them to get your wedding stationery order complete?
Nikki from knots and kisses gives us some hints and tips on how to go about it!
“Many planning websites have different guidelines on when and how to order your wedding stationery. Here’s just a few tips to help you along;
1. Start thinking about the design and theme of your invitations and reception stationery as soon as possible. Apart from booking the venue its one of the first things you will have to do – especially if sending save the dates out!
2. If you can, make sure you order your stationery well in advance. Ideally you need to send out your stationery 6 weeks to 3 months prior to the wedding … longer for overseas weddings. So start the consultation and booking process at least 2 months prior to that. This ensures that you give your stationer plenty of time to hand make your stationery.
3. Many people make the mistake of ordering one invitation per person. Remember families and couples only need one invitation!
4. Orders of Service can also often be shared between 2 people. If you are looking to save money, budget for one per couple.
5. Remember to order a couple of extra blank invitations, even if you are ordering stationery with pre-printed guest names, just in case any of your original guest list can’t come and you want to send an invitation to someone else!
6.And one last pointer … many handmade stationery companies can only take so many orders every month to ensure the highest quality stationery. If you have a particular range of stationery or supplier in mind book early!”